Subject: [PATCH v5 00/17] xen/arm: Use the typesafes gfn and mfn
From: Julien Grall <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, Julien Grall <[email-masked]>, "Andrew Cooper" <[email-masked]>, Boris Ostrovsky <[email-masked]>, Christoph Egger <[email-masked]>, Feng Wu <[email-masked]>, George Dunlap <[email-masked]>, Ian Jackson <[email-masked]>, Jan Beulich <[email-masked]>, Jun Nakajima <[email-masked]>, Kevin Tian <[email-masked]>, "Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk" <[email-masked]>, Liu Jinsong <[email-masked]>, Mukesh Rathor <[email-masked]>, "Paul Durrant" <[email-masked]>, Shannon Zh
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 17:17:06 +0100

Hello all,

Some of the ARM functions are mixing gfn vs mfn and even physical vs frame.

To avoid more confusion, this patch series makes use of the terminology
described in xen/include/xen/mm.h and the associated typesafe.

This series requires the patch [1] to be applied beforehand. I pushed a
branch with this patch and this series applied on xenbits:
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/julieng/xen-unstable.git branch typesafe-v4

For all the changes see in each patch.

Yours sincerely,

[1] http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-06/msg01744.html

Cc: Andrew Cooper <[email-masked]>
Cc: Boris Ostrovsky <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christoph Egger <[email-masked]>
Cc: Feng Wu <[email-masked]>
Cc: George Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ian Jackson <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jan Beulich <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jun Nakajima <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kevin Tian <[email-masked]>
Cc: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <[email-masked]>
Cc: Liu Jinsong <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mukesh Rathor <[email-masked]>
Cc: Paul Durrant <[email-masked]>
Cc: Shannon Zhao <[email-masked]>
Cc: Stefano Stabellini <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suravee Suthikulpanit <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tim Deegan <[email-masked]>
Cc: Wei Liu <[email-masked]>

Julien Grall (17):
  xen: Use typesafe gfn/mfn in guest_physmap_* helpers
  xen: Use typesafe gfn in xenmem_add_to_physmap_one
  xen/arm: Rename grant_table_gfpn into grant_table_gfn and use the
    typesafe gfn
  xen: Use the typesafe mfn and gfn in map_mmio_regions...
  xen/passthrough: x86: Use INVALID_GFN rather than INVALID_MFN
  xen: Use a typesafe to define INVALID_MFN
  xen: Use a typesafe to define INVALID_GFN
  xen/arm: Rework the interface of p2m_lookup and use typesafe gfn and
    mfn
  xen/arm: Rework the interface of p2m_cache_flush and use typesafe gfn
  xen/arm: map_regions_rw_cache: Map the region with p2m->default_access
  xen/arm: dom0_build: Remove dead code in allocate_memory
  xen/arm: p2m: Remove unused operation ALLOCATE
  xen/arm: Use the typesafes mfn and gfn in map_dev_mmio_region...
  xen/arm: Use the typesafes mfn and gfn in map_regions_rw_cache ...
  xen/arm: p2m: Introduce helpers to insert and remove mapping
  xen/arm: p2m: Use typesafe gfn for {max,lowest}_mapped_gfn
  xen/arm: p2m: Rework the interface of apply_p2m_changes and use
    typesafe

 xen/arch/arm/domain.c                   |   4 +-
 xen/arch/arm/domain_build.c             |  72 ++-------
 xen/arch/arm/domctl.c                   |   2 +-
 xen/arch/arm/gic-v2.c                   |   4 +-
 xen/arch/arm/mm.c                       |  20 +--
 xen/arch/arm/p2m.c                      | 269 ++++++++++++--------------------
 xen/arch/arm/platforms/exynos5.c        |   8 +-
 xen/arch/arm/platforms/omap5.c          |  16 +-
 xen/arch/arm/traps.c                    |  21 +--
 xen/arch/arm/vgic-v2.c                  |   4 +-
 xen/arch/x86/cpu/mcheck/mce.c           |   2 +-
 xen/arch/x86/debug.c                    |  64 ++++----
 xen/arch/x86/domain.c                   |   7 +-
 xen/arch/x86/domain_build.c             |   6 +-
 xen/arch/x86/hvm/emulate.c              |   7 +-
 xen/arch/x86/hvm/hvm.c                  |  12 +-
 xen/arch/x86/hvm/ioreq.c                |  16 +-
 xen/arch/x86/hvm/svm/nestedsvm.c        |   2 +-
 xen/arch/x86/hvm/viridian.c             |   6 +-
 xen/arch/x86/hvm/vmx/vmx.c              |   8 +-
 xen/arch/x86/mm.c                       |  21 +--
 xen/arch/x86/mm/altp2m.c                |   2 +-
 xen/arch/x86/mm/guest_walk.c            |   4 +-
 xen/arch/x86/mm/hap/guest_walk.c        |  10 +-
 xen/arch/x86/mm/hap/hap.c               |   4 +-
 xen/arch/x86/mm/hap/nested_ept.c        |   2 +-
 xen/arch/x86/mm/p2m-ept.c               |   6 +-
 xen/arch/x86/mm/p2m-pod.c               |  24 +--
 xen/arch/x86/mm/p2m-pt.c                |  18 +--
 xen/arch/x86/mm/p2m.c                   | 164 ++++++++++---------
 xen/arch/x86/mm/paging.c                |  12 +-
 xen/arch/x86/mm/shadow/common.c         |  46 +++---
 xen/arch/x86/mm/shadow/multi.c          |  38 ++---
 xen/arch/x86/mm/shadow/private.h        |   2 +-
 xen/common/domain.c                     |   6 +-
 xen/common/domctl.c                     |   4 +-
 xen/common/grant_table.c                |  13 +-
 xen/common/memory.c                     |  38 ++---
 xen/drivers/passthrough/amd/iommu_map.c |   2 +-
 xen/drivers/passthrough/arm/smmu.c      |   4 +-
 xen/drivers/passthrough/vtd/iommu.c     |   4 +-
 xen/drivers/passthrough/x86/iommu.c     |   2 +-
 xen/include/asm-arm/domain.h            |   2 +-
 xen/include/asm-arm/grant_table.h       |   2 +-
 xen/include/asm-arm/p2m.h               |  44 +++---
 xen/include/asm-x86/guest_pt.h          |   4 +-
 xen/include/asm-x86/p2m.h               |  13 +-
 xen/include/xen/mm.h                    |   8 +-
 xen/include/xen/p2m-common.h            |   8 +-
 49 files changed, 481 insertions(+), 576 deletions(-)

-- 
1.9.1