Subject: [PATCH 5/9] kbuild: add -no-integrated-as Clang option unconditionally

From: Masahiro Yamada <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 12:04:54 +0900

commit dbe27a002ef8573168cb64e181458ea23a74e2b6 upstream.

We are still a way off the Clang's integrated assembler support for
the kernel. Hence, -no-integrated-as is mandatory to build the kernel
with Clang. If you had an ancient version of Clang that does not
recognize this option, you would not be able to compile the kernel
anyway.

Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Nick Desaulniers <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Nick Desaulniers <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Nathan Chancellor <[email-masked]>
---
 Makefile | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
index be4d1f25cb29..f8061626814c 100644
--- a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@ -489,8 +489,8 @@ CLANG_GCC_TC	:= --gcc-toolchain=$(GCC_TOOLCHAIN)
 endif
 KBUILD_CFLAGS += $(CLANG_TARGET) $(CLANG_GCC_TC) $(CLANG_PREFIX)
 KBUILD_AFLAGS += $(CLANG_TARGET) $(CLANG_GCC_TC) $(CLANG_PREFIX)
-KBUILD_CFLAGS += $(call cc-option, -no-integrated-as)
-KBUILD_AFLAGS += $(call cc-option, -no-integrated-as)
+KBUILD_CFLAGS += -no-integrated-as
+KBUILD_AFLAGS += -no-integrated-as
 endif
 
 RETPOLINE_CFLAGS_GCC := -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register
-- 
2.20.1