Subject: [PATCH 23/48] dccp: Unlock sock before calling sk_free()

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 16:35:07 -0300

[ Upstream commit d5afb6f9b6bb2c57bd0c05e76e12489dc0d037d9 ]

The code where sk_clone() came from created a new socket and locked it,
but then, on the error path didn't unlock it.

This problem stayed there for a long while, till b0691c8ee7c2 ("net:
Unlock sock before calling sk_free()") fixed it, but unfortunately the
callers of sk_clone() (now sk_clone_locked()) were not audited and the
one in dccp_create_openreq_child() remained.

Now in the age of the syskaller fuzzer, this was finally uncovered, as
reported by Dmitry:

 ---- 8< ----

I've got the following report while running syzkaller fuzzer on
86292b33d4b7 ("Merge branch 'akpm' (patches from Andrew)")

  [ BUG: held lock freed! ]
  4.10.0+ #234 Not tainted
  -------------------------
  syz-executor6/6898 is freeing memory
  ffff88006286cac0-ffff88006286d3b7, with a lock still held there!
   (slock-AF_INET6){+.-...}, at: [<ffffffff8362c2c9>] spin_lock
  include/linux/spinlock.h:299 [inline]
   (slock-AF_INET6){+.-...}, at: [<ffffffff8362c2c9>]
  sk_clone_lock+0x3d9/0x12c0 net/core/sock.c:1504
  5 locks held by syz-executor6/6898:
   #0:  (sk_lock-AF_INET6){+.+.+.}, at: [<ffffffff839a34b4>] lock_sock
  include/net/sock.h:1460 [inline]
   #0:  (sk_lock-AF_INET6){+.+.+.}, at: [<ffffffff839a34b4>]
  inet_stream_connect+0x44/0xa0 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:681
   #1:  (rcu_read_lock){......}, at: [<ffffffff83bc1c2a>]
  inet6_csk_xmit+0x12a/0x5d0 net/ipv6/inet6_connection_sock.c:126
   #2:  (rcu_read_lock){......}, at: [<ffffffff8369b424>] __skb_unlink
  include/linux/skbuff.h:1767 [inline]
   #2:  (rcu_read_lock){......}, at: [<ffffffff8369b424>] __skb_dequeue
  include/linux/skbuff.h:1783 [inline]
   #2:  (rcu_read_lock){......}, at: [<ffffffff8369b424>]
  process_backlog+0x264/0x730 net/core/dev.c:4835
   #3:  (rcu_read_lock){......}, at: [<ffffffff83aeb5c0>]
  ip6_input_finish+0x0/0x1700 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:59
   #4:  (slock-AF_INET6){+.-...}, at: [<ffffffff8362c2c9>] spin_lock
  include/linux/spinlock.h:299 [inline]
   #4:  (slock-AF_INET6){+.-...}, at: [<ffffffff8362c2c9>]
  sk_clone_lock+0x3d9/0x12c0 net/core/sock.c:1504

Fix it just like was done by b0691c8ee7c2 ("net: Unlock sock before calling
sk_free()").

Reported-by: Dmitry Vyukov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cong Wang <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gerrit Renker <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/dccp/minisocks.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/net/dccp/minisocks.c b/net/dccp/minisocks.c
index 53eddf9..d20d948 100644
--- a/net/dccp/minisocks.c
+++ b/net/dccp/minisocks.c
@@ -122,6 +122,7 @@ struct sock *dccp_create_openreq_child(const struct sock *sk,
 			/* It is still raw copy of parent, so invalidate
 			 * destructor and make plain sk_free() */
 			newsk->sk_destruct = NULL;
+			bh_unlock_sock(newsk);
 			sk_free(newsk);
 			return NULL;
 		}
-- 
2.1.0