Subject: [PATCH 43/45] net: phy: Correctly process PHY_HALTED in phy_stop_machine()

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 11:58:36 -0700

[ Upstream commit 7ad813f208533cebfcc32d3d7474dc1677d1b09a ]

Marc reported that he was not getting the PHY library adjust_link()
callback function to run when calling phy_stop() + phy_disconnect()
which does not indeed happen because we set the state machine to
PHY_HALTED but we don't get to run it to process this state past that
point.

Fix this with a synchronous call to phy_state_machine() in order to have
the state machine actually act on PHY_HALTED, set the PHY device's link
down, turn the network device's carrier off and finally call the
adjust_link() function.

Reported-by: Marc Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Fixes: a390d1f379cf ("phylib: convert state_queue work to delayed_work")
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Marc Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/phy/phy.c | 3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

diff --git a/drivers/net/phy/phy.c b/drivers/net/phy/phy.c
index eebb0e1c70ff..b30d9ceee8bc 100644
--- a/drivers/net/phy/phy.c
+++ b/drivers/net/phy/phy.c
@@ -749,6 +749,9 @@ void phy_stop_machine(struct phy_device *phydev)
 	if (phydev->state > PHY_UP && phydev->state != PHY_HALTED)
 		phydev->state = PHY_UP;
 	mutex_unlock(&phydev->lock);
+
+	/* Now we can run the state machine synchronously */
+	phy_state_machine(&phydev->state_queue.work);
 }
 
 /**
-- 
2.13.4