Subject: [PATCH 16/27] sctp: fully initialize the IPv6 address in sctp_v6_to_addr()

From: Alexander Potapenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 20:16:40 +0200

[ Upstream commit 15339e441ec46fbc3bf3486bb1ae4845b0f1bb8d ]

KMSAN reported use of uninitialized sctp_addr->v4.sin_addr.s_addr and
sctp_addr->v6.sin6_scope_id in sctp_v6_cmp_addr() (see below).
Make sure all fields of an IPv6 address are initialized, which
guarantees that the IPv4 fields are also initialized.

==================================================================
 BUG: KMSAN: use of uninitialized memory in sctp_v6_cmp_addr+0x8d4/0x9f0
 net/sctp/ipv6.c:517
 CPU: 2 PID: 31056 Comm: syz-executor1 Not tainted 4.11.0-rc5+ #2944
 Hardware name: QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996), BIOS Bochs
 01/01/2011
 Call Trace:
  dump_stack+0x172/0x1c0 lib/dump_stack.c:42
  is_logbuf_locked mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:59 [inline]
  kmsan_report+0x12a/0x180 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:938
  native_save_fl arch/x86/include/asm/irqflags.h:18 [inline]
  arch_local_save_flags arch/x86/include/asm/irqflags.h:72 [inline]
  arch_local_irq_save arch/x86/include/asm/irqflags.h:113 [inline]
  __msan_warning_32+0x61/0xb0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:467
  sctp_v6_cmp_addr+0x8d4/0x9f0 net/sctp/ipv6.c:517
  sctp_v6_get_dst+0x8c7/0x1630 net/sctp/ipv6.c:290
  sctp_transport_route+0x101/0x570 net/sctp/transport.c:292
  sctp_assoc_add_peer+0x66d/0x16f0 net/sctp/associola.c:651
  sctp_sendmsg+0x35a5/0x4f90 net/sctp/socket.c:1871
  inet_sendmsg+0x498/0x670 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:762
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:633 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:643 [inline]
  SYSC_sendto+0x608/0x710 net/socket.c:1696
  SyS_sendto+0x8a/0xb0 net/socket.c:1664
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x13/0x94
 RIP: 0033:0x44b479
 RSP: 002b:00007f6213f21c08 EFLAGS: 00000286 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002c
 RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000020000000 RCX: 000000000044b479
 RDX: 0000000000000041 RSI: 0000000020edd000 RDI: 0000000000000006
 RBP: 00000000007080a8 R08: 0000000020b85fe4 R09: 000000000000001c
 R10: 0000000000040005 R11: 0000000000000286 R12: 00000000ffffffff
 R13: 0000000000003760 R14: 00000000006e5820 R15: 0000000000ff8000
 origin description: ----dst_saddr@sctp_v6_get_dst
 local variable created at:
  sk_fullsock include/net/sock.h:2321 [inline]
  inet6_sk include/linux/ipv6.h:309 [inline]
  sctp_v6_get_dst+0x91/0x1630 net/sctp/ipv6.c:241
  sctp_transport_route+0x101/0x570 net/sctp/transport.c:292
==================================================================
 BUG: KMSAN: use of uninitialized memory in sctp_v6_cmp_addr+0x8d4/0x9f0
 net/sctp/ipv6.c:517
 CPU: 2 PID: 31056 Comm: syz-executor1 Not tainted 4.11.0-rc5+ #2944
 Hardware name: QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996), BIOS Bochs
 01/01/2011
 Call Trace:
  dump_stack+0x172/0x1c0 lib/dump_stack.c:42
  is_logbuf_locked mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:59 [inline]
  kmsan_report+0x12a/0x180 mm/kmsan/kmsan.c:938
  native_save_fl arch/x86/include/asm/irqflags.h:18 [inline]
  arch_local_save_flags arch/x86/include/asm/irqflags.h:72 [inline]
  arch_local_irq_save arch/x86/include/asm/irqflags.h:113 [inline]
  __msan_warning_32+0x61/0xb0 mm/kmsan/kmsan_instr.c:467
  sctp_v6_cmp_addr+0x8d4/0x9f0 net/sctp/ipv6.c:517
  sctp_v6_get_dst+0x8c7/0x1630 net/sctp/ipv6.c:290
  sctp_transport_route+0x101/0x570 net/sctp/transport.c:292
  sctp_assoc_add_peer+0x66d/0x16f0 net/sctp/associola.c:651
  sctp_sendmsg+0x35a5/0x4f90 net/sctp/socket.c:1871
  inet_sendmsg+0x498/0x670 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:762
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:633 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg net/socket.c:643 [inline]
  SYSC_sendto+0x608/0x710 net/socket.c:1696
  SyS_sendto+0x8a/0xb0 net/socket.c:1664
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x13/0x94
 RIP: 0033:0x44b479
 RSP: 002b:00007f6213f21c08 EFLAGS: 00000286 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002c
 RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000020000000 RCX: 000000000044b479
 RDX: 0000000000000041 RSI: 0000000020edd000 RDI: 0000000000000006
 RBP: 00000000007080a8 R08: 0000000020b85fe4 R09: 000000000000001c
 R10: 0000000000040005 R11: 0000000000000286 R12: 00000000ffffffff
 R13: 0000000000003760 R14: 00000000006e5820 R15: 0000000000ff8000
 origin description: ----dst_saddr@sctp_v6_get_dst
 local variable created at:
  sk_fullsock include/net/sock.h:2321 [inline]
  inet6_sk include/linux/ipv6.h:309 [inline]
  sctp_v6_get_dst+0x91/0x1630 net/sctp/ipv6.c:241
  sctp_transport_route+0x101/0x570 net/sctp/transport.c:292
==================================================================

Signed-off-by: Alexander Potapenko <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Xin Long <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/sctp/ipv6.c | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/net/sctp/ipv6.c b/net/sctp/ipv6.c
index f5b45b8b8b16..0de5f5f8ddbc 100644
--- a/net/sctp/ipv6.c
+++ b/net/sctp/ipv6.c
@@ -510,7 +510,9 @@ static void sctp_v6_to_addr(union sctp_addr *addr, struct in6_addr *saddr,
 {
 	addr->sa.sa_family = AF_INET6;
 	addr->v6.sin6_port = port;
+	addr->v6.sin6_flowinfo = 0;
 	addr->v6.sin6_addr = *saddr;
+	addr->v6.sin6_scope_id = 0;
 }
 
 /* Compare addresses exactly.
-- 
2.13.5