Subject: [PATCH 24/25] sctp: fix missing wake ups in some situations

From: Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 11:35:21 -0300

[ Upstream commit 7906b00f5cd1cd484fced7fcda892176e3202c8a ]

Commit fb586f25300f ("sctp: delay calls to sk_data_ready() as much as
possible") minimized the number of wake ups that are triggered in case
the association receives a packet with multiple data chunks on it and/or
when io_events are enabled and then commit 0970f5b36659 ("sctp: signal
sk_data_ready earlier on data chunks reception") moved the wake up to as
soon as possible. It thus relies on the state machine running later to
clean the flag that the event was already generated.

The issue is that there are 2 call paths that calls
sctp_ulpq_tail_event() outside of the state machine, causing the flag to
linger and possibly omitting a needed wake up in the sequence.

One of the call paths is when enabling SCTP_SENDER_DRY_EVENTS via
setsockopt(SCTP_EVENTS), as noticed by Harald Welte. The other is when
partial reliability triggers removal of chunks from the send queue when
the application calls sendmsg().

This commit fixes it by not setting the flag in case the socket is not
owned by the user, as it won't be cleaned later. This works for
user-initiated calls and also for rx path processing.

Fixes: fb586f25300f ("sctp: delay calls to sk_data_ready() as much as possible")
Reported-by: Harald Welte <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/sctp/ulpqueue.c | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/net/sctp/ulpqueue.c b/net/sctp/ulpqueue.c
index 84d0fdaf7de9..d3cfbf2f407d 100644
--- a/net/sctp/ulpqueue.c
+++ b/net/sctp/ulpqueue.c
@@ -265,7 +265,8 @@ int sctp_ulpq_tail_event(struct sctp_ulpq *ulpq, struct sctp_ulpevent *event)
 		sctp_ulpq_clear_pd(ulpq);
 
 	if (queue == &sk->sk_receive_queue && !sp->data_ready_signalled) {
-		sp->data_ready_signalled = 1;
+		if (!sock_owned_by_user(sk))
+			sp->data_ready_signalled = 1;
 		sk->sk_data_ready(sk);
 	}
 	return 1;
-- 
2.13.5