Subject: [PATCH 18/48] bpf: do not disable/enable BH in bpf_map_free_id()

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 09:15:59 -0700

[ Upstream commit 930651a75bf1ba6893a8b8475270664ebdb6cf4a ]

syzkaller reported following splat [1]

Since hard irq are disabled by the caller, bpf_map_free_id()
should not try to enable/disable BH.

Another solution would be to change htab_map_delete_elem() to
defer the free_htab_elem() call after
raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore(&b->lock, flags), but this might be not
enough to cover other code paths.

[1]
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 8052 at kernel/softirq.c:161 __local_bh_enable_ip
+0x1e/0x160 kernel/softirq.c:161
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...

CPU: 1 PID: 8052 Comm: syz-executor1 Not tainted 4.13.0-next-20170915+
#23
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:16 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:52
 panic+0x1e4/0x417 kernel/panic.c:181
 __warn+0x1c4/0x1d9 kernel/panic.c:542
 report_bug+0x211/0x2d0 lib/bug.c:183
 fixup_bug+0x40/0x90 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:178
 do_trap_no_signal arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:212 [inline]
 do_trap+0x260/0x390 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:261
 do_error_trap+0x120/0x390 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:298
 do_invalid_op+0x1b/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:311
 invalid_op+0x18/0x20 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:905
RIP: 0010:__local_bh_enable_ip+0x1e/0x160 kernel/softirq.c:161
RSP: 0018:ffff8801cdcd7748 EFLAGS: 00010046
RAX: 0000000000000082 RBX: 0000000000000201 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: 1ffffffff0b5933c RSI: 0000000000000201 RDI: ffffffff85ac99e0
RBP: ffff8801cdcd7758 R08: ffffffff85b87158 R09: 1ffff10039b9aec6
R10: ffff8801c99f24c0 R11: 0000000000000002 R12: ffffffff817b0b47
R13: dffffc0000000000 R14: ffff8801cdcd77e8 R15: 0000000000000001
 __raw_spin_unlock_bh include/linux/spinlock_api_smp.h:176 [inline]
 _raw_spin_unlock_bh+0x30/0x40 kernel/locking/spinlock.c:207
 spin_unlock_bh include/linux/spinlock.h:361 [inline]
 bpf_map_free_id kernel/bpf/syscall.c:197 [inline]
 __bpf_map_put+0x267/0x320 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:227
 bpf_map_put+0x1a/0x20 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:235
 bpf_map_fd_put_ptr+0x15/0x20 kernel/bpf/map_in_map.c:96
 free_htab_elem+0xc3/0x1b0 kernel/bpf/hashtab.c:658
 htab_map_delete_elem+0x74d/0x970 kernel/bpf/hashtab.c:1063
 map_delete_elem kernel/bpf/syscall.c:633 [inline]
 SYSC_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:1479 [inline]
 SyS_bpf+0x2188/0x46a0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:1451
 entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x1f/0xbe

Fixes: f3f1c054c288 ("bpf: Introduce bpf_map ID")
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Cc: Martin KaFai Lau <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Martin KaFai Lau <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 kernel/bpf/syscall.c | 6 ++++--
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/kernel/bpf/syscall.c b/kernel/bpf/syscall.c
index 6c772adabad2..1939d91da1f8 100644
--- a/kernel/bpf/syscall.c
+++ b/kernel/bpf/syscall.c
@@ -144,15 +144,17 @@ static int bpf_map_alloc_id(struct bpf_map *map)
 
 static void bpf_map_free_id(struct bpf_map *map, bool do_idr_lock)
 {
+	unsigned long flags;
+
 	if (do_idr_lock)
-		spin_lock_bh(&map_idr_lock);
+		spin_lock_irqsave(&map_idr_lock, flags);
 	else
 		__acquire(&map_idr_lock);
 
 	idr_remove(&map_idr, map->id);
 
 	if (do_idr_lock)
-		spin_unlock_bh(&map_idr_lock);
+		spin_unlock_irqrestore(&map_idr_lock, flags);
 	else
 		__release(&map_idr_lock);
 }
-- 
2.13.6