Subject: [PATCH 21/33] net: phy: micrel: ksz9031: reconfigure autoneg after phy autoneg workaround

From: Grygorii Strashko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 18:45:10 -0600

[ Upstream commit c1a8d0a3accf64a014d605e6806ce05d1c17adf1 ]

Under some circumstances driver will perform PHY reset in
ksz9031_read_status() to fix autoneg failure case (idle error count =
0xFF). When this happens ksz9031 will not detect link status change any
more when connecting to Netgear 1G switch (link can be recovered sometimes by
restarting netdevice "ifconfig down up"). Reproduced with TI am572x board
equipped with ksz9031 PHY while connecting to Netgear 1G switch.

Fix the issue by reconfiguring autonegotiation after PHY reset in
ksz9031_read_status().

Fixes: d2fd719bcb0e ("net/phy: micrel: Add workaround for bad autoneg")
Signed-off-by: Grygorii Strashko <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/phy/micrel.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/drivers/net/phy/micrel.c b/drivers/net/phy/micrel.c
index fbf5945..2032a6d 100644
--- a/drivers/net/phy/micrel.c
+++ b/drivers/net/phy/micrel.c
@@ -624,6 +624,7 @@ static int ksz9031_read_status(struct phy_device *phydev)
 		phydev->link = 0;
 		if (phydev->drv->config_intr && phy_interrupt_is_valid(phydev))
 			phydev->drv->config_intr(phydev);
+		return genphy_config_aneg(phydev);
 	}
 
 	return 0;
-- 
2.9.5