Subject: [PATCH 36/37] net: ipv4: Make "ip route get" match iif lo rules again.

From: Lorenzo Colitti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 18:36:26 +0900

[ Upstream commit 6503a30440962f1e1ccb8868816b4e18201218d4 ]

Commit 3765d35ed8b9 ("net: ipv4: Convert inet_rtm_getroute to rcu
versions of route lookup") broke "ip route get" in the presence
of rules that specify iif lo.

Host-originated traffic always has iif lo, because
ip_route_output_key_hash and ip6_route_output_flags set the flow
iif to LOOPBACK_IFINDEX. Thus, putting "iif lo" in an ip rule is a
convenient way to select only originated traffic and not forwarded
traffic.

inet_rtm_getroute used to match these rules correctly because
even though it sets the flow iif to 0, it called
ip_route_output_key which overwrites iif with LOOPBACK_IFINDEX.
But now that it calls ip_route_output_key_hash_rcu, the ifindex
will remain 0 and not match the iif lo in the rule. As a result,
"ip route get" will return ENETUNREACH.

Fixes: 3765d35ed8b9 ("net: ipv4: Convert inet_rtm_getroute to rcu versions of route lookup")
Tested: https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/tests/+/master/net/test/multinetwork_test.py passes again
Signed-off-by: Lorenzo Colitti <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/ipv4/route.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/net/ipv4/route.c b/net/ipv4/route.c
index 804bead564db..0ba88efca7ad 100644
--- a/net/ipv4/route.c
+++ b/net/ipv4/route.c
@@ -2762,6 +2762,7 @@ static int inet_rtm_getroute(struct sk_buff *in_skb, struct nlmsghdr *nlh,
 		if (err == 0 && rt->dst.error)
 			err = -rt->dst.error;
 	} else {
+		fl4.flowi4_iif = LOOPBACK_IFINDEX;
 		rt = ip_route_output_key_hash_rcu(net, &fl4, &res, skb);
 		err = 0;
 		if (IS_ERR(rt))
-- 
2.14.3