Subject: [PATCH 12/43] mlxsw: spectrum_buffers: Set a minimum quota for CPU port traffic

From: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 14:49:56 +0200

[ Upstream commit bcdd5de80a2275f7879dc278bfc747f1caf94442 ]

In commit 9ffcc3725f09 ("mlxsw: spectrum: Allow packets to be trapped
from any PG") I fixed a problem where packets could not be trapped to
the CPU due to exceeded shared buffer quotas. The mentioned commit
explains the problem in detail.

The problem was fixed by assigning a minimum quota for the CPU port and
the traffic class used for scheduling traffic to the CPU.

However, commit 117b0dad2d54 ("mlxsw: Create a different trap group list
for each device") assigned different traffic classes to different
packet types and rendered the fix useless.

Fix the problem by assigning a minimum quota for the CPU port and all
the traffic classes that are currently in use.

Fixes: 117b0dad2d54 ("mlxsw: Create a different trap group list for each device")
Signed-off-by: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
Reported-by: Eddie Shklaer <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Eddie Shklaer <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/spectrum_buffers.c | 12 ++++++------
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/spectrum_buffers.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/spectrum_buffers.c
index 93728c694e6d..0a9adc5962fb 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/spectrum_buffers.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/spectrum_buffers.c
@@ -385,13 +385,13 @@ static const struct mlxsw_sp_sb_cm mlxsw_sp_sb_cms_egress[] = {
 
 static const struct mlxsw_sp_sb_cm mlxsw_sp_cpu_port_sb_cms[] = {
 	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
+	MLXSW_SP_SB_CM(MLXSW_PORT_MAX_MTU, 0, 0),
+	MLXSW_SP_SB_CM(MLXSW_PORT_MAX_MTU, 0, 0),
+	MLXSW_SP_SB_CM(MLXSW_PORT_MAX_MTU, 0, 0),
+	MLXSW_SP_SB_CM(MLXSW_PORT_MAX_MTU, 0, 0),
+	MLXSW_SP_SB_CM(MLXSW_PORT_MAX_MTU, 0, 0),
 	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
-	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
-	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
-	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
-	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
-	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
-	MLXSW_SP_SB_CM(10000, 0, 0),
+	MLXSW_SP_SB_CM(MLXSW_PORT_MAX_MTU, 0, 0),
 	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
 	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
 	MLXSW_SP_CPU_PORT_SB_CM,
-- 
2.14.3