Subject: [PATCH 24/36] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Fix clearing of stats counters

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 00:41:10 +0100

[ Upstream commit a9049ff9214da68df1179a7d5e36b43479abc9b8 ]

The mv88e6161 would sometime fail to probe with a timeout waiting for
the switch to complete an operation. This operation is supposed to
clear the statistics counters. However, due to a read/modify/write,
without the needed mask, the operation actually carried out was more
random, with invalid parameters, resulting in the switch not
responding. We need to preserve the histogram mode bits, so apply a
mask to keep them.

Reported-by: Chris Healy <[email-masked]>
Fixes: 40cff8fca9e3 ("net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Fix stats histogram mode")
Signed-off-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/global1.c | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/global1.c b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/global1.c
index d721ccf7d8be..38e399e0f30e 100644
--- a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/global1.c
+++ b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/global1.c
@@ -567,6 +567,8 @@ int mv88e6xxx_g1_stats_clear(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip)
 	if (err)
 		return err;
 
+	/* Keep the histogram mode bits */
+	val &= MV88E6XXX_G1_STATS_OP_HIST_RX_TX;
 	val |= MV88E6XXX_G1_STATS_OP_BUSY | MV88E6XXX_G1_STATS_OP_FLUSH_ALL;
 
 	err = mv88e6xxx_g1_write(chip, MV88E6XXX_G1_STATS_OP, val);
-- 
2.19.1