Subject: [PATCH 09/15] lan743x: Remove phy_read from link status change function

From: Bryan Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 14:00:09 -0500

[ Upstream commit a0071840d2040ea1b27e5a008182b09b88defc15 ]

It has been noticed that some phys do not have the registers
required by the previous implementation.

To fix this, instead of using phy_read, the required information
is extracted from the phy_device structure.

fixes: 23f0703c125b ("lan743x: Add main source files for new lan743x driver")
Signed-off-by: Bryan Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/lan743x_main.c | 11 ++++-------
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/lan743x_main.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/lan743x_main.c
index 20c9377e99cb..1ce8b729929f 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/lan743x_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/lan743x_main.c
@@ -962,13 +962,10 @@ static void lan743x_phy_link_status_change(struct net_device *netdev)
 
 		memset(&ksettings, 0, sizeof(ksettings));
 		phy_ethtool_get_link_ksettings(netdev, &ksettings);
-		local_advertisement = phy_read(phydev, MII_ADVERTISE);
-		if (local_advertisement < 0)
-			return;
-
-		remote_advertisement = phy_read(phydev, MII_LPA);
-		if (remote_advertisement < 0)
-			return;
+		local_advertisement =
+			ethtool_adv_to_mii_adv_t(phydev->advertising);
+		remote_advertisement =
+			ethtool_adv_to_mii_adv_t(phydev->lp_advertising);
 
 		lan743x_phy_update_flowcontrol(adapter,
 					       ksettings.base.duplex,
-- 
2.20.1