Subject: [PATCH 02/33] ibmvnic: Fix completion structure initialization

From: Thomas Falcon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 18:58:26 -0500

[ Upstream commit bbd669a868bba591ffd38b7bc75a7b361bb54b04 ]

Fix device initialization completion handling for vNIC adapters.
Initialize the completion structure on probe and reinitialize when needed.
This also fixes a race condition during kdump where the driver can attempt
to access the completion struct before it is initialized:

Unable to handle kernel paging request for data at address 0x00000000
Faulting instruction address: 0xc0000000081acbe0
Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
LE SMP NR_CPUS=2048 NUMA pSeries
Modules linked in: ibmvnic(+) ibmveth sunrpc overlay squashfs loop
CPU: 19 PID: 301 Comm: systemd-udevd Not tainted 4.18.0-64.el8.ppc64le #1
NIP:  c0000000081acbe0 LR: c0000000081ad964 CTR: c0000000081ad900
REGS: c000000027f3f990 TRAP: 0300   Not tainted  (4.18.0-64.el8.ppc64le)
MSR:  800000010280b033 <SF,VEC,VSX,EE,FP,ME,IR,DR,RI,LE,TM[E]> CR: 28228288  XER: 00000006
CFAR: c000000008008934 DAR: 0000000000000000 DSISR: 40000000 IRQMASK: 1
GPR00: c0000000081ad964 c000000027f3fc10 c0000000095b5800 c0000000221b4e58
GPR04: 0000000000000003 0000000000000001 000049a086918581 00000000000000d4
GPR08: 0000000000000007 0000000000000000 ffffffffffffffe8 d0000000014dde28
GPR12: c0000000081ad900 c000000009a00c00 0000000000000001 0000000000000100
GPR16: 0000000000000038 0000000000000007 c0000000095e2230 0000000000000006
GPR20: 0000000000400140 0000000000000001 c00000000910c880 0000000000000000
GPR24: 0000000000000000 0000000000000006 0000000000000000 0000000000000003
GPR28: 0000000000000001 0000000000000001 c0000000221b4e60 c0000000221b4e58
NIP [c0000000081acbe0] __wake_up_locked+0x50/0x100
LR [c0000000081ad964] complete+0x64/0xa0
Call Trace:
[c000000027f3fc10] [c000000027f3fc60] 0xc000000027f3fc60 (unreliable)
[c000000027f3fc60] [c0000000081ad964] complete+0x64/0xa0
[c000000027f3fca0] [d0000000014dad58] ibmvnic_handle_crq+0xce0/0x1160 [ibmvnic]
[c000000027f3fd50] [d0000000014db270] ibmvnic_tasklet+0x98/0x130 [ibmvnic]
[c000000027f3fda0] [c00000000813f334] tasklet_action_common.isra.3+0xc4/0x1a0
[c000000027f3fe00] [c000000008cd13f4] __do_softirq+0x164/0x400
[c000000027f3fef0] [c00000000813ed64] irq_exit+0x184/0x1c0
[c000000027f3ff20] [c0000000080188e8] __do_irq+0xb8/0x210
[c000000027f3ff90] [c00000000802d0a4] call_do_irq+0x14/0x24
[c000000026a5b010] [c000000008018adc] do_IRQ+0x9c/0x130
[c000000026a5b060] [c000000008008ce4] hardware_interrupt_common+0x114/0x120

Signed-off-by: Thomas Falcon <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c
index c8704b1690eb..a475f36ddf8c 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c
@@ -1888,6 +1888,7 @@ static int do_hard_reset(struct ibmvnic_adapter *adapter,
 	 */
 	adapter->state = VNIC_PROBED;
 
+	reinit_completion(&adapter->init_done);
 	rc = init_crq_queue(adapter);
 	if (rc) {
 		netdev_err(adapter->netdev,
@@ -4569,7 +4570,7 @@ static int ibmvnic_reset_init(struct ibmvnic_adapter *adapter)
 	old_num_rx_queues = adapter->req_rx_queues;
 	old_num_tx_queues = adapter->req_tx_queues;
 
-	init_completion(&adapter->init_done);
+	reinit_completion(&adapter->init_done);
 	adapter->init_done_rc = 0;
 	ibmvnic_send_crq_init(adapter);
 	if (!wait_for_completion_timeout(&adapter->init_done, timeout)) {
@@ -4624,7 +4625,6 @@ static int ibmvnic_init(struct ibmvnic_adapter *adapter)
 
 	adapter->from_passive_init = false;
 
-	init_completion(&adapter->init_done);
 	adapter->init_done_rc = 0;
 	ibmvnic_send_crq_init(adapter);
 	if (!wait_for_completion_timeout(&adapter->init_done, timeout)) {
@@ -4703,6 +4703,7 @@ static int ibmvnic_probe(struct vio_dev *dev, const struct vio_device_id *id)
 	INIT_WORK(&adapter->ibmvnic_reset, __ibmvnic_reset);
 	INIT_LIST_HEAD(&adapter->rwi_list);
 	spin_lock_init(&adapter->rwi_lock);
+	init_completion(&adapter->init_done);
 	adapter->resetting = false;
 
 	adapter->mac_change_pending = false;
-- 
2.20.1