Subject: [PATCH 12/33] net-gro: fix use-after-free read in napi_gro_frags()

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 15:36:10 -0700

[ Upstream commit a4270d6795b0580287453ea55974d948393e66ef ]

If a network driver provides to napi_gro_frags() an
skb with a page fragment of exactly 14 bytes, the call
to gro_pull_from_frag0() will 'consume' the fragment
by calling skb_frag_unref(skb, 0), and the page might
be freed and reused.

Reading eth->h_proto at the end of napi_frags_skb() might
read mangled data, or crash under specific debugging features.

BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in napi_frags_skb net/core/dev.c:5833 [inline]
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in napi_gro_frags+0xc6f/0xd10 net/core/dev.c:5841
Read of size 2 at addr ffff88809366840c by task syz-executor599/8957

CPU: 1 PID: 8957 Comm: syz-executor599 Not tainted 5.2.0-rc1+ #32
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:77 [inline]
 dump_stack+0x172/0x1f0 lib/dump_stack.c:113
 print_address_description.cold+0x7c/0x20d mm/kasan/report.c:188
 __kasan_report.cold+0x1b/0x40 mm/kasan/report.c:317
 kasan_report+0x12/0x20 mm/kasan/common.c:614
 __asan_report_load_n_noabort+0xf/0x20 mm/kasan/generic_report.c:142
 napi_frags_skb net/core/dev.c:5833 [inline]
 napi_gro_frags+0xc6f/0xd10 net/core/dev.c:5841
 tun_get_user+0x2f3c/0x3ff0 drivers/net/tun.c:1991
 tun_chr_write_iter+0xbd/0x156 drivers/net/tun.c:2037
 call_write_iter include/linux/fs.h:1872 [inline]
 do_iter_readv_writev+0x5f8/0x8f0 fs/read_write.c:693
 do_iter_write fs/read_write.c:970 [inline]
 do_iter_write+0x184/0x610 fs/read_write.c:951
 vfs_writev+0x1b3/0x2f0 fs/read_write.c:1015
 do_writev+0x15b/0x330 fs/read_write.c:1058

Fixes: a50e233c50db ("net-gro: restore frag0 optimization")
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Reported-by: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/core/dev.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/net/core/dev.c b/net/core/dev.c
index c8e672ac32cb..a8d017035ae9 100644
--- a/net/core/dev.c
+++ b/net/core/dev.c
@@ -5804,7 +5804,6 @@ static struct sk_buff *napi_frags_skb(struct napi_struct *napi)
 	skb_reset_mac_header(skb);
 	skb_gro_reset_offset(skb);
 
-	eth = skb_gro_header_fast(skb, 0);
 	if (unlikely(skb_gro_header_hard(skb, hlen))) {
 		eth = skb_gro_header_slow(skb, hlen, 0);
 		if (unlikely(!eth)) {
@@ -5814,6 +5813,7 @@ static struct sk_buff *napi_frags_skb(struct napi_struct *napi)
 			return NULL;
 		}
 	} else {
+		eth = (const struct ethhdr *)skb->data;
 		gro_pull_from_frag0(skb, hlen);
 		NAPI_GRO_CB(skb)->frag0 += hlen;
 		NAPI_GRO_CB(skb)->frag0_len -= hlen;
-- 
2.20.1