Subject: [PATCH 21/30] net/rds: Fix error handling in rds_ib_add_one()

From: Dotan Barak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 10:21:02 -0700

[ Upstream commit d64bf89a75b65f83f06be9fb8f978e60d53752db ]

rds_ibdev:ipaddr_list and rds_ibdev:conn_list are initialized
after allocation some resources such as protection domain.
If allocation of such resources fail, then these uninitialized
variables are accessed in rds_ib_dev_free() in failure path. This
can potentially crash the system. The code has been updated to
initialize these variables very early in the function.

Signed-off-by: Dotan Barak <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Sudhakar Dindukurti <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Santosh Shilimkar <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/rds/ib.c | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/net/rds/ib.c b/net/rds/ib.c
index 45acab2de0cf..9de2ae22d583 100644
--- a/net/rds/ib.c
+++ b/net/rds/ib.c
@@ -143,6 +143,9 @@ static void rds_ib_add_one(struct ib_device *device)
 	refcount_set(&rds_ibdev->refcount, 1);
 	INIT_WORK(&rds_ibdev->free_work, rds_ib_dev_free);
 
+	INIT_LIST_HEAD(&rds_ibdev->ipaddr_list);
+	INIT_LIST_HEAD(&rds_ibdev->conn_list);
+
 	rds_ibdev->max_wrs = device->attrs.max_qp_wr;
 	rds_ibdev->max_sge = min(device->attrs.max_send_sge, RDS_IB_MAX_SGE);
 
@@ -203,9 +206,6 @@ static void rds_ib_add_one(struct ib_device *device)
 		device->name,
 		rds_ibdev->use_fastreg ? "FRMR" : "FMR");
 
-	INIT_LIST_HEAD(&rds_ibdev->ipaddr_list);
-	INIT_LIST_HEAD(&rds_ibdev->conn_list);
-
 	down_write(&rds_ib_devices_lock);
 	list_add_tail_rcu(&rds_ibdev->list, &rds_ib_devices);
 	up_write(&rds_ib_devices_lock);
-- 
2.20.1